Table of Contents
Present Moment Program: Assessment of Posture and Musculoskeletal Balance Course. 60 CE Contact Hours/Science
Asynchronous Online, Live Webinar/Interactive Distance Learning (CONTACT HOURS) or Home Study (NON-CONTACT HOURS). Instructor Steve Davis, RYT, LMT, BCTMB is available for interaction. Extensive videos with full transcription, Lessons written with illustrations and text, PowerPoint presentations in PDF, and PowerPoint videos. Multiple choice quizzes are given for each Lesson. There are 15 Lessons, 3 Stages, and the Library. No prerequisite.
- Accurate observation of the client or patient.
- Assessment of posture.
- Plumb line photos. How to set them up, take them, and also the analysis of the plumb line photos.
- Musculoskeletal balance assessment.
- Gait analysis, also with video, which I recommend, for you and the client to study.
- Movement analysis, also with video for the same reasons.
- Develop a treatment plan, and how to modify it, as you are going along with your sessions.
- Physics relating to movement, posture, and musculoskeletal balance.
- Clinical practice overview.
- In-depth study of methods.
- Healing Light Kata, a movement form of exercises that I have developed. It is a fusion of Supreme Ultimate Fist, Yoga, and Posture Exercises designed to bring the body into neutral posture and musculoskeletal balance, focus the mind for accurate perception and accurate memory, flowing into the correct path.
- Focused Massage Therapy, a fusion of ten modalities that I use in my practice.
- Conclusion with Case Studies and Outcomes.
Full Course. [Certificate Issued upon completion. 60 CE Hours.]
CE Category of this course: Science.
Steve J. Davis, RYT, LMT, BCTMB
Founder and Owner, Healing Light Yoga and Massage
By Appointment Only.
Phone (503) 724-2755, Fax (503) 200-1276
Located in the heart of Hollywood, at 4036 NE Sandy Blvd., Suite 204, Portland, OR 97212
- Creator: Present Moment Program, Assessment of Posture and Musculoskeletal Balance Course, Ethics for the Professional Massage Therapist and Bodyworker.
- Registered Yoga Teacher, Licensed Massage Therapist.
- Board Certified in Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork.
- 40+ years experience.
YA #29243, OBMT #13099, BCTMB #512195-6, NPI #1124359088, NCBTMB Approved Provider #1122.
“Steve Davis is approved by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork (NCBTMB) as a continuing education Approved Provider and is also sponsored by NCBTMB to teach New York LMTs continuing education that is accepted by the state of New York for license renewal.”
Copyright 2015-2017 by Steve Davis
All Rights Reserved
History of this course, and How to take this course!
VIDEO: 6;16 minutes, seconds.
- history and how to take this course.pdf 737 words.
Please fill out Evaluation Form, and return it to
Steve Davis, RYT, LMT, BCTMB
email@example.com Thank you!
3 Stages, 15 Lessons, and the Library. Access to the Library is included with every lesson, and with every stage. The Library has over 38 hours of video content and over 163,000 written words, and many useful resources.
You are free to take any lesson in any order. However, it is strongly suggested that you take the lessons in the order they are presented. A Certificate of Completion will be issued for each lesson completed, each stage completed, and for the entire course. The number of Certificates of Completion will depend on how the course is purchased. The entire course has 60 CE Hours.
The Library page is considered a Lesson. Please remember to select the blue Complete this Lesson button at the bottom of the Library page to complete the Library Lesson and receive your Certificate of Completion. There is no quiz for the Library. Yay! All the quizzes for the Library content are in Lessons 10 through 15.
Each Lesson has Videos, Illustrations, and Text on the Lesson Page teaching the concepts necessary to pass each Lesson. In addition, there are Files available for download that explain the concepts. The Learning Objectives and Learning Outcomes are unique to each Lesson.
Each Lesson has full access to the Library, which has over 38 hours of Video, over 163,000 words, and many links to valuable material to study that is directly applicable to the Lessons.
There is a Quiz following each Lesson. Each student must score 80% or higher in order to pass the Lesson. The quizzes can be taken again if the student fails to pass. The quizzes are automatically scored. Only quizzes with 80 percent or higher will see which questions were answered correctly (green text) or incorrectly (red text).
Overall, the Course is organized into 3 Stages. Theory, Method, and Data, with the Library essential to every Lesson, every Stage, and to the entire Course. 60 CE Hours.
There are 15 Lessons, 3 Stages, and the Library.
Stage 1, Theory. Lessons 1 through 4, with full access to the Library. The Library content is necessary to understand each Lesson in Stage 1. 6 CE Hours.
Stage 2, Method. Lessons 5 through 9, with full access to the Library. The Library content is necessary to understand each Lesson in Stage 2. 15 CE Hours.
Stage 3, Data. Lessons 10 through 15, with full access to the Library. The Library content is necessary to understand each Lesson in Stage 3, and it is required for Stage 3 Lessons. 39 CE Hours.
Bio and CV of Steve Davis, RYT, LMT, BCTMB
VIDEO: 2;16 minutes, seconds.
Bio of Steve Davis
VIDEO: 9;31 minutes, seconds. 924 words.
Steve Davis, RYT, LMT, BCTMB
Healing Light Yoga and Massage
Portland, OR 97212
HEALING LIGHT KATA: Master Set List.
Copyright 2015-2018 by Steve Davis
All Rights Reserved