2 learners taking this course
Go to Lesson 8
Go to Private: Private: Present Moment Program: Assessment of Posture and Musculoskeletal Balance Course Forum
- During the Course, and afterwards, keep in touch with the other students and myself in our Private: Private: Present Moment Program: Assessment of Posture and Musculoskeletal Balance Course Forum.
- Please remember to Subscribe to the Private Forum. The Subscribe link is right at the top under the Private Forum title. By subscribing to the Private Forum you will be able to see new posts and be able to reply to them.
- If you are not logged in to the site, it will return a error message: Error 404 – Page not found!
- Please participate in our Interactive Private Forum with other students and the Instructor. For CONTACT HOURS, you must participate in the Interactive Distance Learning environment. Check your licensing requirements.
- Remember: We are colleagues supporting each other in our field of Health, Wellness, and Performance. Communication among colleagues is a very important aspect of Ethics and Science.
Table of Contents
Steve J. Davis, RYT, LMT, BCTMB
Founder and Owner, Healing Light Yoga and Massage
By Appointment Only.
Phone (503) 724-2755, Fax (503) 200-1276
Located in the heart of Hollywood, at 4036 NE Sandy Blvd., Suite 204, Portland, OR 97212
- Creator: Present Moment Program, Assessment of Posture and Musculoskeletal Balance Course, Ethics for the Professional Massage Therapist and Bodyworker.
- Registered Yoga Teacher, Licensed Massage Therapist.
- Board Certified in Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork.
- 40+ years experience.
YA #29243, OBMT #13099, BCTMB #512195-6, NPI #1124359088, NCBTMB Approved Provider #1122.
“Steve Davis is approved by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork (NCBTMB) as a continuing education Approved Provider and is also sponsored by NCBTMB to teach New York LMTs continuing education that is accepted by the state of New York for license renewal.”
History of this course, and How to take this course!
VIDEO: 6;16 minutes, seconds.
- history and how to take this course.pdf 737 words.
This course is Lesson 8 only, with full access to the Library.
The Library has over 38 hours of video content, over 163,000 written words, and many useful resources.
Password to open all videos, all PDF files, and the Library:
The Library page is considered a Lesson. Please remember to select the blue Complete this Lesson button at the bottom of the Library page to complete the Library Lesson and receive your Certificate of Completion.
Lesson 8. [Certificate Issued upon completion. 3 CE Hours.]
CE Category of this course: Science.
Asynchronous Online, Home Study. Instructor Steve Davis, RYT, LMT, BCTMB available for interaction. Students will learn the following Learning Outcomes. Extensive videos with full transcription, Lessons written with illustrations and text, PowerPoint presentations in PDF., PowerPoint videos. Multiple choice quizzes given for each lesson. 15 lessons. Each Lesson is a separate course. No prerequisite.
There are 14 Learning Objectives for the full Course, listed below. In addition, there are many Learning Outcomes, unique to each Lesson.
- Accurate observation of the client or patient.
- Assessment of posture.
- Plumb line photos. How to set them up, take them, and also the analysis of the plumb line photos.
- Musculoskeletal balance assessment.
- Gait analysis, also with video, which I recommend, for both you and the client to study.
- Movement analysis, also with video for the same reasons.
- Develop a treatment plan, and how to modify it, as you are going along with your sessions.
- Physics relating to movement, posture, and musculoskeletal balance.
- Clinical practice overview.
- In-depth study of methods.
- Healing Light Kata, a movement form of exercises that I have developed. It is a fusion of Supreme Ultimate Fist, Yoga, and Posture Exercises designed to bring the body into neutral posture and musculoskeletal balance, focus the mind for accurate perception and accurate memory, flowing into the correct path.
- Focused Massage Therapy, a fusion of ten modalities that I use in my practice.
- Conclusion with Case Studies and Outcomes.
- Be able to list the Learning Outcomes listed below:
- Be able to describe the Learning Outcomes listed below:
- Be able to answer questions accurately about the Learning Outcomes listed below:
- Be able to demonstrate understanding of the Learning Outcomes listed below:
- In-Depth Study of Methods, During Each Session. Focused Massage Therapy.
- Deep Current.
- Chakra System in Yoga.
- Elements in Traditional Chinese Medicine and Yoga Chakra System compared.
- Gravity and Motion.
- In to Out, and Out to In.
- Importance of the Breath.
- Deep Muscles of the Neck, Cervical Vertebrae.
- Deep Muscles, Joints of Limbs, Extremities.
- Definition of Deep Current.
- Studio Policy and Safety.
- Fresh air exchange, continuous.
- Real Sunshine, not filtered. Sun Rays.
- All my surfaces are designed to be cleaned, and they are cleaned on a regular basis.
- Contagious conditions. No treatment until the client is over the condition.
- Physical injuries.
- Mental and emotional conditions.
- Cardiovascular disease.
- Central Nervous System Disorders.
- Peripheral Nervous System Disorders.
- Organic conditions that are not contagious.
- Lifestyle influences.
- Insufficient Sleep.
- Pathologies that are possibly linked to posture misalignment.
- Joint failure through misaligned and overused joints.
- Breathing problems and Sleep Apnea.
- Others – possibly cardiovascular, digestive, elimination, sexual problems.
- Musculoskeletal pain, lack of exercise, sedentary lifestyle – sitting too much.
- Low Energy.
- Low self-confidence.
- Difficulty with perception and memory, short attention span, difficulty with thinking clearly.
- Other pathologies not listed.
- Summary of Focused Massage Therapy During Each Session.
- Fusion of 10 Massage Modalities.
- Zen Shiatsu.
- Chinese, including Tuina and Acupressure.
- Traditional Thai.
- Deep Tissue.
- Structural Alignment.
- Hot Stone.
- Four Methods of Observation.
- The main intention is to help the client relax, ground into the Earth, and focus.
- Hara Diagnosis and Balancing.
- Relaxation, Breathing.
- Movement during the massage therapy session is essential.
- Common Musculoskeletal Postural Misalignments Presented by Clients.
- S.O.A.P. terms.
- The Treatment Plan.
- Work on the Center of Gravity.
Name: Present Moment Program: Assessment of Posture and Musculoskeletal Balance Course, Mod. 1.
1952; my life began. 1959 I met and studied with Master Violinist Viljo Hillend, Western Classical Music on the violin. 1971; I met and studied with Wen Chi Huang, Ta’i Chi Ch’uan and Shaolin Master from China. Pre-Med Studies started in 1977. June 1978; I met and studied with Sri Dadaji, Amiya Roy Chowdhury, Yoga Master from India. Jan. 1993; I traveled to India to study Indian Classical Music, Voice and Bansuri with master teachers, including Pandit Malhar Kulkarni. The idea for the Present Moment Program became clear on this trip. Started working intensively on this project in Dec. 2014. Filming began in Jan. 2015.
This course is under the umbrella of my Present Moment Program. Being in the present moment will improve perception and memory skills.
This is a Continuing Education Course for Licensed Massage Therapists, Bodyworkers, and other Health Care Professionals.
Continuing Education Hours will be awarded to Health Care Professionals who need these CE Hours to renew their Licenses. Health Care Professionals include: Medical Doctors, Osteopaths, Chiropractors, Nurses, Physical Therapists, Physios, LMTs, Bodyworkers, Yoga Teachers, and others. Certificates of Completion with CE hours will be issued for each Lesson, Stage, and for the entire Course.
CE Category of this Course: Science.
Awareness, Alignment, Balance, and Movement, leading to Power of Performance, Supreme Wellness. Perception from accurate observation leads to accurate memory, applying lessons to improve posture and musculoskeletal balance, efficiency of movement of the body, and to successfully maintain this state.
Entire Course: 60 CE Hours. 3 Stages, 15 lessons, and the Library, ranging from one hour each to 6.5 hours each. Approximately 280,000+ written words, 52+ hours of video, 421 multiple choice questions, 80% score required to pass each lesson, 14 Learning Objectives, many Learning Outcomes, unique to each lesson. All videos and all lessons are fully transcribed. People working on the course since December 2014: myself, with one camera operator/transcriber, and six models. Total: 8.
Special Acknowledgment and Thanks to Star Camera Operator and Transcriber Sandra Mills, and to all of our models.
Important: Study of included files, videos and video transcripts is required for all lessons. There is a quiz after each lesson. You are required to have a 80% or higher passing score to pass each quiz. You can take the quiz as many times as you want to, just reset it to take it again. Estimated time to complete each lesson is shown.
A description of the structure of each lesson is shown at the top of the lesson page; then Lesson Media links for downloading files; next is the quiz button, and next are the streaming videos. The Lesson Media and Quiz button are also shown at the bottom of the lesson page.
All of the information you need is in the lesson text, the figures, the videos, and downloadable files are provided to assist you on your learning journey.
A Certificate of Completion will be issued upon successful completion of each Lesson, each Stage, and the entire Course. Each Lesson and each Stage can be purchased separately as a separate Course, with a Certificate of Completion issued upon successful completion of each Lesson and Stage.
Copyright 2015-2017 by Steve Davis
All Rights Reserved
<span style="text-decoration: underline;">Lesson CE Hours</span> 5 3 6 3 7 3 8 3 9 3 Library 0 ------------------------------- TOTAL 15