“I came to Steve for help with my posture and even though we have only been working together for about a month but I can already see drastic improvements. My hips are more aligned and I’ve been able to release my shoulders and bring my head back. He is very knowledgeable about the body and how it should be positioned to be in proper alignment with gravity. He thoroughly explains the reasoning for everything he does using muscle and skeletal charts as well as a variety of medical books. I find this helpful because it lets me know why he did a certain technique or suggested a specific exercise. In addition to the message therapy he also includes a fusion of yoga, thai chi, and other exercises so that a I can continually improve my posture at home. He breaks down every move, explains what it is targeting, and practice it with me step by step to ensure the correct form. If there is one thing I cannot stress enough is that he will spend as much time as necessary to ensure that I am getting a good treatment. As a side note, I am in my mid 20s and Steve has only ever been professional and I have never felt uncomfortable. Overall Steve is a highly knowledgeable person that just wants to help improve the lives of others and I would recommend him to anyone looking for a long term solution to their daily aches and pains.”
FIVE STAR review on Bookfresh from Vania S.:
Vania S says:
“I have seen Steve for assistance with my overall health and flexibility. He has been great. I sit at a desk most of the day. He has helped me with my circulation, posture and his Yoga just makes me feel better. I would recommend Steve to anyone. He is extremely dedicated and knowledgable.”
29 August 2013. FIVE STAR Google review from Stephen Bedor:
“I have been doing yoga with Steve and I have known him for two years. I sit at a desk all day. His yoga has been great for increasing my flexibility, strength, posture, energy and overall health. I recommend Steve highly. He has improved my life.”
it looks like my review was ‘filtered.’ I will post it again.
I have been a client of Steve’s for over four years and can highly recommend his work. He absolutely deserves five stars for his ability to combine therapeutic massage and yoga to help his clients. He helped to alleviate my scoliosis, totally released my neck so that I can turn my head without stiffness and pain which I had not been able to do for years and taught me a yoga routine that I use every day to maintain strength and flexibility. He works with people of all ages. I am one of his older cIients, and he has helped me to have confidence that although I grow older, I can still strive to have the ability to live life at its fullest. Not only does he have a great knowledge of the body and how to help his clients, he is a very caring person. That is a winning combination.”
12 August 2013. FIVE STAR Google review from Sandy M.
“I have been a client of Steve’s for over four years and can highly recommend his work. He absolutely deserves five stars for his ability to combine yoga and therapeutic massage to help his clients. He helped to alleviate my scoliosis, totally released my neck so that I can turn my head without stiffness and pain which I had not been able to do for years and taught me a yoga routine that I use every day to maintain strength and flexibility.
He works with people of all ages. I am one of his older cIients, and he has helped me to have confidence that although I grow older, I can still have the ability to live life at its fullest.
Not only does he have a great knowledge of the body and how to help his clients, he is a very caring person. That is a winning combination.”
25 July 2013. FIVE STAR Yelp review from Sandy M.
“Steve Davis deserves 5 stars for his marvelous work in yoga and massage.
I have been a client of Steve’s for over 4 years, and he has helped me with scoliosis, has totally released my neck so that I can turn my head without stiffness and pain which I had not been able to do for years, has taught me some wonderful yoga poses and stretches that I do every day to maintain strength and flexibility.
I am one of his older clients and I can tell you that he is able to help people of all ages. He is a very caring person – cares a lot about his clients, and often gives more time than they pay for; I know that for sure.
Steve effectively incorporates therapeutic massage and yoga in his sessions. I can totally recommend his services.”
Frank J. Lilly, Certified Public Accountant
31179 SW Country View Lane
Wilsonville, Oregon 97070
T: 503-694-6173 F: 503-863-3825 C: 831-601-4898
January 15, 2013
After hearing Steve talk about yoga at a Tualatin Chamber of Commerce meeting, I was curious to know more. Having suffered from shoulder and neck problems for years, and receiving no relief through chiropractic, naturopathic, acupuncture, acupressure or physical therapy, I figured I had nothing to lose.
After a month of doing the yoga movements Steve taught me, and being rigorous in practicing it daily, I have a greater range of motion, less pain and better balance overall. Further, the practice leaves me with a mental clarity I would not have believed, being naturally skeptical by nature with regards to “these types of practice”.
Consider me a believer now, and Thanks, Steve!
8 October, 2012
A sincere letter of recommendation for Steve Davis.
I have been under the practice of, and learning from Steve for just over a year. His beneficial knowledge and professional experience have had amazing benefits to my well being. Steve employs a variety of skilled methods to find what muscles or postures were causing me discomfort. Every technique he used was versed with a profound body of experience, respect and years of practice. I am also continually impressed by Steve’s willingness to share his knowledge about exactly what he is doing and how it benefits me. In my opinion, Steve is much more than a Licensed Massage Therapist and Yogi; He is a master practitioner of the world’s most ancient health and healing arts and therapies.
25 September, 2012
Steve’s knowledge of the human body and modalities of intervention is exceptional. His work targets areas of difficulty with precision, while simultaneously addressing systemic imbalances on every level. Worth a visit if you are struggling with real issues.
Thanks again Steve for your help. Namaste.
~ Jon M.
• “Namaste Steve,
This greeting card is to let you know how appreciative I am of your massage and yoga class. I’ve enjoyed your teaching in the art of mental clarity and physical endurance. Thanks for giving me these invaluable skills. The massage was a blessing from heaven!
• “Steve Davis is a real healer.
I have been seeing him for over three years, and he helps me a lot with my health problems. I had frozen shoulders from my work, and he made my hands and shoulders start to move again freely, with no pain. I feel much better because he knows how to help people in my situation. He uses special techniques, including hot stones and yoga, and everything together really relieved my muscle and joint pain. I highly recommend Steve to anyone needing a massage therapist.
• “Steve Davis is an awesome yoga teacher. His expertise and knowledge of classical yoga surpasses all other yoga classes I have taken. In a few weeks of practicing yoga with Steve, I have attained significant body strength, flexibility, and energy. I also feel more alive in spirit, body and mind. Steve is a great teacher who can help you progress on an accelerated path to fitness and wellness. He takes time during yoga class to give each of his students individual instruction on each asana pose which is very important. Yoga is body, spirit, soul, beauty, grace and art all in one that Steve performs and teaches very well. Thank you Steve. I honor your light and path as a yoga teacher and friend.
• “I have been attending yoga classes and receiving massages from Steve for a little over a month now, and I can tell a great deal of difference in how I feel. I sleep MUCH better – fall asleep immediately and back again should I wake up in the middle of the night. This was not my pattern previously. Also, my digestion is better and I have lots more energy. Steve discovered that I have a slight case of scoliosis in my back and is using both massage and yoga postures to correct it, along with helping me find exercise machines in the gym that can also be beneficial. I can highly recommend Steve for both yoga and massage. He is highly trained, has had a lot of experience in these disciplines, and is very focused on doing the best possible job for all his clients.
• “I have been taking Yoga from Steve Davis of Healing Light for over a year now. In that time, I have made amazing progress. Steve provides patient, individualized attention to a student’s personal goals. Class is tailored to meet those needs. And it is never boring. New poses are introduced and there is a lot of variety in the warm-up. Although I have participated in yoga classes on and off for several years and had many different teachers, I feel that Steve’s class is responsible for my increased flexibility, strength, balance, and ability to maintain my peaceful frame of mind throughout a busy day. I highly recommend Steve to any beginning or advanced student.
• “I went to Steve for constant tightness in my shoulders. His massage was like no other I’ve ever received! He really gets in, works on problem areas, and seems to know where they are. He went out of his way to study my situation and found ways to resolve it. He has relieved my pain; it took several sessions of massage, his hot rocks, and yoga stretches. My fascia adhesions are gone, he has worked them loose! After my first massage I noticed I could turn my neck further than before, breathe, and stand up straight, while walking uphill . . . I highly recommend Steve!!!
Center for Advanced LearningTestimonials 2
1484 NW Civic Drive
Gresham, Oregon 97030
Dear Steve Davis,
Thank you so much for taking the time to come talk to our class and teach us about yoga. We had a lot of fun learning about the history of yoga as well as learning some of the yoga poses. We never knew about how music was incorporated into yoga. You taught us a lot about the importance of the role yoga can play in living a healthy lifestyle.
One of our classes favorite parts of your presentation was when you played the flute for us. It really engaged our minds into learning yoga and meditation. Again, thank you for driving out here and teaching our class. Good luck on your trip. We hope you have a blast and learn a ton!
Ms. Rabe’s First Period Class
Healing Light Yoga and Massage
4036 NE Sandy Blvd., Suite 4, Portland, OR 97212
YA #29243, OBMT #13099, BCTMB #512195-6, NPI #1124359088
Private Yoga Sessions, Massage Therapy, Medical Massage Therapy, Awareness, Alignment, 40+ years experience.
Registered Yoga Teacher, Licensed Massage Therapist, Board Certified, Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork.