Present Moment Program: Lesson 9: Assessment of Posture and Musculoskeletal Balance Course. 3 CE Hours/Science/Home Study
Asynchronous Online, Home Study. Instructor Steve Davis, RYT, LMT, BCTMB is available for interaction. Extensive videos with full transcription, Lessons written with illustrations and text, PowerPoint presentations in PDF, and PowerPoint videos. Multiple choice quizzes are given for each Lesson. There are 15 Lessons, 3 Stages, and the Library. No prerequisite.
This course is Lesson 9 only, with full access to the Library.
The Library has over 38 hours of video content, over 163,000 written words, and many useful resources.
Lesson 9. [Certificate Issued upon completion. 3 CE Hours.]
CE Category of this course: Science.
There are 14 Learning Objectives for the full Course, listed below. In addition, there are many Learning Outcomes, unique to each Lesson.
- Accurate observation of the client or patient.
- Assessment of posture.
- Plumb line photos. How to set them up, take them, and also the analysis of the plumb line photos.
- Musculoskeletal balance assessment.
- Gait analysis, also with video, which I recommend, for you and the client to study.
- Movement analysis, also with video for the same reasons.
- Develop a treatment plan, and how to modify it, as you are going along with your sessions.
- Physics relating to movement, posture, and musculoskeletal balance.
- Clinical practice overview.
- In-depth study of methods.
- Healing Light Kata, a movement form of exercises that I have developed. It is a fusion of Supreme Ultimate Fist, Yoga, and Posture Exercises designed to bring the body into neutral posture and musculoskeletal balance, focus the mind for accurate perception and accurate memory, flowing into the correct path.
- Focused Massage Therapy, a fusion of ten modalities that I use in my practice.
- Conclusion with Case Studies and Outcomes.
Learning Outcomes for Lesson 9:
- Be able to list the Learning Outcomes listed below:
- Be able to describe the Learning Outcomes listed below:
- Be able to answer questions accurately about the Learning Outcomes listed below:
- Be able to demonstrate understanding of the Learning Outcomes listed below:
- In-Depth Study of Methods, During Each Session. Focused Massage Therapy.
- Release and Balance the Core around the Center of Gravity.
- Common Pattern: Tug of War with the Trio.
- Common Pattern: Tug of War with the Lateral Rotators and the Medial Rotators of the Shoulder.
- Center of Gravity.
- Effective Routine.
- Girdling Vessel.
- Hot Stone and Ice.
- Four-Way Stretch.
- Three-Point Press and Rock Release.
- Preparation for the Three-Way Fusion Stretch, including Traditional Thai Massage, Sen Lines, Wind Energy Lines, Zen Shiatsu, Acupressure points, Traditional Chinese Medicine.
- Three Way Fusion Stretch.
- Further Work.
- Front Release of the Psoas Major and Iliacus.
- Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation Technique – PNF.
- The Vagus Nerve, Ocean Breath, Ujjayi Pranayama, and Deep Current.
- 3rd Principle of the Present Moment Program.
- 3 Principles of the Present Moment Program and the Assessment of Posture and Musculoskeletal Balance Course. Conclusion.
Instructor: Steve J. Davis, RYT, LMT, BCTMB
NCBTMB Approved Provider #1122
Copyright 2015-2017 by Steve J Davis. All Rights Reserved